Compostable Drinking Straws
- Strong & Durable
- 100% Natural & Organic
- Reusable up to 10 times
- Great for Hot & Cold Drinks
- Disposable, Biodegradeble, Compostable
Reed drinking straws are perfect for you to enjoy your beverage, juice, hot coffee, cocktail, ice tea, cappuccino, or smoothy
5 Reasons to try Organic reed straws
- Reed grass straws are as natural as you can get. They are just grass, nothing else.
- Reed grass straws are 100% compostable. They quickly decompose in a natural environment.
- The straws are solid, strong, and smooth. They come in a variety of diameters, so you can select the perfect size for your drink.
- Each reed straw has the potential to eliminate up to 10 plastic or paper straws over its lifetime.
- Our reed compostable drinking straws are a suitable alternative to plastic because they are strong, durable, and do not harm the environment.
You will love our compostable drinking straws
Frequently asked questions
How can you dispose of the reed straws?
Reed drinking straws are just like any leave or grass, you can throw them in the backyard and they will decompose within several months.
Otherwise, through them into the organic trash bin.
And lastly, just like regular disposable trash, you can put them in a trash bin, and reed straws will break down very quickly in a landfill.
What type of plant are these made of?
The straws are made of natural reed grass. It is a type of wild grass that grows all over Europe, Asia, and America.
It can reach over two meters in height.
Can I reuse them? And if so, how often?
The answer is Yes. You can clean and reuse the reed drinking straws.
If you are drinking soda or tea then you really don’t have to clean them, other than a quick rinse with water.
After washing you should dry them.
If properly cleaned and dried a medium or large size staw can last for a couple of weeks.
The thin reed drinking straw is a bit more sensitive, so it will last you up to 10 times.
How thick are straws?
Compostable drinking straws come in 3 sizes:
- Thin or cocktail drinking straws are 20 cm. long and have a diameter of 5-7 mm.
- Medium compostable drinking straws are 2o cm. long and have a diameter of 9-11 mm.
- Large drinking straws have a length of 20 cm. and a diameter of 11-14 mm.
If you are looking for a very wide straw, then you should try our large drinking straws.
The diameter of the large drinking straw is huge, it is 11-14 mm. which is more than enough to drink any kind of thick milkshake or smoothy.
Are these organically grown?
The compostable drinking straws are naturally grown without any pesticides or herbicides used at any time before or after harvest.